Product Name: MEMpax®
MEMpax® is a borosilicate glass type which is produced by the down-draw method, enabling production in a very thin thickness range between 70 µm to 125 µm. The special composition of this substrate glass with fire-polished surfaces makes it suitable for a variety of applications: • MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) • Optical and electrical Sensors • Slides and Micro-Arrays • Wafer Level Packaging • Microoptics on wafer level • Suited for anodic bonding with silicon wafer This glass meets the latest environmental requirements of our customers. MEMpax® can be supplied as glass wafer too. For this application we offer a separate wafer specification.
At the same time, MEMpax® is available in much lower thicknesses and offers a thin wafer that no longer needs to be ground and polished thanks to its excellent surface quality. SCHOTT MEMpax® can be used anywhere that extremely thin borosilicate glasses are needed.
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Coefficient of linear thermal expansion corresponds with that of silicon
- Suited for anodic bonding
- Thin borosilicate glass wafers without polishing
- High thermal and chemical resistance
Available in various thicknesses
Excellent surface quality
(1) Length x Width, other formats upon request
(2) in reference of the longest edge length of the sheet
* Other thicknesses available upon request.